Changing the Build Location
- A unique subfolder inside the derived data folder. The subfolder name is based on your project or workspace name and location. This is the recommended choice and the default setting.
- A shared folder inside the derived data folder. You specify the name of this subfolder, which is shared by all projects. This choice assumes that the derived data location is not workspace-relative.This option can be used to let separate projects build into the same location so that they can share their build products. Build products are automatically shared among all projects in a workspace, so this setting is unnecessary if you can place your projects in the same workspace.
- A custom path. From the pop-up menu, choose whether the path should be relative to the derived data, relative to your workspace, or absolute. In the text fields, specify the custom path to the build products and intermediate build files.
- The legacy location specified in each target’s build settings.This option is intended to support older projects that won’t work correctly unless they’re in custom per-target or per-project build locations (
Opening a File in an Editor Pane, Window, or Tab
Opening a file in an Editor Pane, Window, or Tab
Open a file in a specific editor pane, window, or tab using the navigation chooser. You can select a file to open in the project navigator or a jump bar.
The navigation chooser shows the layout of the workspace window. If the selected file is already open in one of the editor panes, the navigation chooser displays a star to indicate the pane containing the file.
With the navigation chooser you can open the file in the primary editor, an existing assistant editor or tab by choosing the items without a plus sign. To open the file in a new assistant editor, tab, or window, chose an item with a plus sign. When making your choice from the navigation chooser:
To dismiss the navigator without making a choice, press the Esc (Escape) key.
See the related article on General preferences to learn how to specify outcomes for these navigation gestures:
To choose an editor pane or window, double-click it.
To choose a new tab, click it.
- To choose an editor pane or window, double-click it.
- To choose a new tab, click it.
The DEBUG preprocessor macro in XCode
How do you specify command line arguments in XCode
Product -> Edit Scheme... -> Run -> Arguments
Starting a debugging session
Attaching to an existing process
(lldb) process attach --name firefox
Running a new process
$ lldb -- obj-ff-dbg/dist/Nightly.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -no-remote -profile /path/to/profile
(lldb) breakpoint set --name nsInProcessTabChildGlobal::InitTabChildGlobal Breakpoint created: 1: name = 'nsInProcessTabChildGlobal::InitTabChildGlobal', locations = 0 (pending) WARNING: Unable to resolve breakpoint to any actual locations. (lldb) r Process 7602 launched: '/.../obj-ff-opt/dist/Nightly.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin' (x86_64) 1 location added to breakpoint 1